This module is presented in two parts. By the completion of portion 1 of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the eight core functions of an assisted living facility disaster plan
- Discuss the importance of an annual review and disaster plan training.
- Explain how to debrief after a disaster.
- Discuss guidelines for specific disastrous events.
By the completion of portion 2 of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List examples of medical emergencies.
- State the primary goal for managing a medical emergency.
- State the normal values of vital signs.
- Describe how to measure vital signs.
- Discuss general measures for responding to medical emergencies.
- List guidelines for responding to choking, fainting, seizures, shock, bleeding, poisoning and burns.